Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy EARTH Day!!

I hope all of you take the time today to enjoy this beautiful earth
we have been blessed with. Lately I have been thinking of things
I can do to make a difference. I know that I am a greenie just
starting out, but I know just changing and do small things can
make a HUGE difference. Here are some things I am trying to
change and work on. I am slowly changing my cleaning products
to a be more Environmentally friendly. So far I like the Clorox's
line GREEN WORKS. Just changing one product can make a
difference. I am also trying not to use as many water bottles
(Reduce, reuse, and recycle). It is so easy to grab those plastic
water bottles for on the go, but my next goal is to purchase some
reusable containers that we can use over and over again. Just
setting small goals to change some of my habits can make a
difference. My reason for changing is for my kids future.

For some fun ways to Celebrate Earth Day With Kids click here. I
challenge all of you to do something! Every little thing we can do
can make a difference.
Happy EARTH Day!!

5 people said this...:

Emily said...

I had all of these great ideas for Earth day, but they all got put on the back burner because I spent the morning in the Urgent care with a blocked saliva duct. Does that sound fun or what?!

Anonymous said...

I have really tried to make a change this year as well. I switched over to reusable shopping bags, am starting to get "green cleaners" and we are taking the kids to the Clean it & Green it" project this Sat. for the city of Frisco. We can all make a difference even if it is small.

hoLLy said...

i am so not good at this stuff! i reuse tons of stuff, but thats about all i do to contribute to our earth. oh, and i don't litter or smoke:) i definitely am going to buy that clorox line of products soon. when i saw the commercial, i was like yea! i hate the harsh fumes of the other cleaners. i always worry about them hurting the kids.

Yvonne Richard said...

Another great way is to use reusable containers in lunches and refill them. We rarely use ziploc bags in lunches any more and instead use the Tupperware sandwich keepers. They have some fun ones with designs for the kids, but I use them tool I have also been saving the individual applesauce/fruit containers for our school art teacher. She uses them for painting. And this weekend when we were at the children's museum they had a list of household items they are always in need of for projects. (Things most of us throw away-- toilet paper rolls, egg cartons, ect.) I know it isn't a big step, but it is something.

Anonymous said...

Yea for you, Melissa! I'm always so proud of you. I just bought a Klean Kanteen (online) so I can stop or cut back on plastic bottles. (You know how I take them to school and everywhere.) At least it's a start. I love you all! Sue